Breast reduction surgery is a medical procedure that people with large breasts apply for aesthetic concerns or for medical reasons.
Problems Experiencing Women with Big Breast
Some of the problems that large breasts women suffer are as follows:
- Back pain
- Irritation under the breast
- Fungus under the breast
- Difficulty finding suitable bras
- Painful scars of bra straps on shoulders
- The drooping image created by the large breast (Therefore, the nipple is lower than most of the breast size.)
The solution to all these problems is surgical breast reduction surgery.
Surgical Breast Reduction Methods
There are many ways to do breast reduction surgically. The selection of the type of surgery is made according to the following parameters:
- structure of the breast
- Estimated amount of breast tissue to be removed
- body structure
- The amount of excess skin to be removed during the surgery
- Size of breast sagging
Highlights of Breast Reduction Surgery Types:
It is possible to reduce the breasts surgically only with liposuction. The surgery is made through several small incisions, each about 5 millimeters, and then a liposuction device is inserted into them.
Since this surgery does not elevate the breast, it is suitable for women who want a small change in breast size and are not concerned with scar formation.
2. Breast Reduction While Preserving Areola Scars
This is perhaps the most common surgical breast reduction surgery, and it manages to significantly reduce the breasts while simultaneously lifting them.
At the end of the surgery, there is a scar around the nipple and a vertical scar under the breast folds.
3. Breast Reduction with Inverted T-Shaped Incision
This surgery allows to significantly reduce the breasts and at the same time raise the breasts, so it is very suitable for women with very large breasts.
This method also allows the treatment of breasts with excess skin, and at the end of the surgery, a scar is left around the nipple extending from the nipple to the folds under the breast and a scar in the breast.
Although many scars remain at the end of the surgery, the resulting breasts have a natural and beautiful appearance.
4. Breast Reduction with Nipple Movement
In this way, nipple reduction and areola are removed from the breast tissue attached to them and adhered to the skin, not to the breast tissue in a higher region. Then the rest of the breast tissue is removed from the lower part.
This method provides significant breast reduction and treatment of large skin excesses. In this way, surgical breast reduction is intended for women whose nipples are too far from the neck exit area and whose breasts are too saggy.
Also read: The Complete Guide to Botox .. 2021
Preparations Before Breast Reduction Surgery
Before having a surgical breast reduction procedure, it is usual to have a series of tests including:
- Regular blood test, such as: blood count, coagulation test, biochemical test
- Pre-operative mammography, especially for women over 40
- Other tests are determined according to the need for age and the presence of congenital or familial diseases related to breast cancer.
What Happens After Breast Reduction Surgery?
The following are expected after breast reduction surgery:
- The breasts are swollen and painful. Sometimes there is a feeling of sagging in certain areas of the breast.
- There is no need to remove the stitches after the surgery because self-dissolving stitches are used.
- It is recommended to take a break at home for about two weeks after the surgery.
- During rest, you can take painkillers to reduce post-operative pain.
- A few days after the surgery, discharge from the surgical incisions may occur. Iodine ointment can be applied with a sterile gauze pad.
- The final image of the breast appears a few months after surgery. Therefore, one should not be surprised at the height of the breast or the change in size or shape at this stage.
- In the post-operative period, the skin becomes tight, the swelling is gradually absorbed, and the appearance of the breast changes to a large extent.
- It is preferable to wear a soft sports bra at all hours of the day for the first month after the surgery.
When Will the Results of Breast Reduction Surgery Appear?
It is not possible to know for certain as the duration of the surgery results depends on many factors such as breast weight, skin structure and quality, breast tissue structure and the change in the weight of the woman after the surgery.
Risks of Breast Reduction Surgery
As with any surgery, there are potential risks in breast reduction surgery. These are listed as follows:
- Bleeding during or after surgery
- Bacterial infection or inflammation at surgical incision sites
- Appearance of prominent scars accompanied by itching
- Permanent or temporary difference in the sensation of the nipples
- Difficulty or inability to breastfeed after surgery
This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic) Dansk (Danish) Nederlands (Dutch) Français (French) Deutsch (German) עברית (Hebrew) Italiano (Italian) Polski (Polish) Română (Romanian) Русский (Russian) Türkçe (Turkish) Español (Spanish) Български (Bulgarian)